ImPact and Concussion Information
This test is required for Pony and Midget cheerleaders and football players this year.
ImPACT is a computer-based neurocognitive testing tool used in the management of mild traumatic brain injuries (mTBI), more commonly known as concussions. You are being asked to take a baseline test, so that in the event you sustain a concussion or an injury with a mechanism that suggests a concussion, we may be able to evaluate and assess the severity of the injury and the progress of you recovery.
It is in your best interest to produce an honest effort in taking this baseline test, such that we have a valid baseline scores against which to measure in the event of a head injury. If you do poorly or produce a test with invalid results, you will be asked to retake the test in a supervised environment.
· Use a computer with stable internet access.
· Use an external mouse. Touchpads, trackpads and nub pointers will produce invalid results.
· Allow 30-45minutes of quiet and uninterrupted time to take this test. Computers located in a room that the door can be closed and external noise limited is ideal.
· Be sure that you are well-rested, and that you had a good night’s sleep the night before taking this test
· Read the directions given by the test before proceeding into each section.
1. Go to https://www.impacttestonline.com/testing/
2. Enter this Customer Code: bm85tjtagy
3. Use the drop-down menu to select Northern Youth Football. Then click on “Launch Baseline Test.”
4. A new window will open. Select English or Spanish.
5. In the “Supervised Testing Environments” window, click “OK.”
6. Select the unit of measurement for height and weight with which you are most familiar. Most will select “English.” Click “Next.”
7. Read about the components of the test, and then click “Next.”
8. On the “Sport and Health History” page, make sure NorthernYouth Football appears in the drop-down menu, and enter your date of birth. Click “Next.”
9. On the succeeding pages, enter all of the information as accurately as possible. For your name, be sure to enter your full name. Do not enter nicknames or abbreviated versions of your name.
10. Complete the test.
11. After completing the test, click "Done."
12. You do not need to print a confirmation sheet.